Friday, April 18, 2008

we're big time

Well, sorta...maybe..almost...

Got up this morning and on the local news they were talking about tomorrow's Katie Ride for Life. Opened the paper...on the front page of the Metro section is this kid and the story about his sister, and why he's riding the 60 km option in the Katie Ride.

I didn't think it was that big a deal. I had never heard of the ride before I found a link to it on a local bicycle club's web page. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Maybe doing the ride and begging friends and family for money is just part of what I can do to make sure more people don't make that mistake. When you see that family's story, and realize people do die waiting for organs that could be made available...every day. It really rips your heart out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home