Wednesday, October 29, 2008

bits of stuff

The FBI stopped some nutbags from an assassination attempt on Barak Obama. (Hi there FBI guys and CIA guys scouring blogs for any mention of Obama and assassination, by the way. Welcome to the Lumberyard.) I hate the fact that shit like that happens in this country. I don't own a gun, or want a gun, or have any designs on Obama's or anyone else's life, but I'll be surprised if he lasts a year if he gets elected. The hate groups are going to be coming out of the woodwork, and why that boil festers in our society I do not know (well, that's not true - I think I know, and it goes back to people not wanting to accept responsibility for their choices, but that's a whole nuther pontification), but it does. I went to his little tax cut website and plugged in our numbers. He's promising me an extra $1300. He'd better be around long enough to deliver, because if he gets elected, that's going into my budget (the youngster's going to need....gasp...wheels next year). I may not like the idea of President Obama, but if he's there, I'll stand in line with everyone else and take what he's giving....if he delivers.

Poor Philadelphia. It looks like the losing-est franchise in American sports could win the World Series for the second time in its history, if they can ever stop raining all over themselves. They're kicking Tampa's butt, and deserve to win, if they can ever dry out. Tonight's forecast...chance of snow.

The Jaguars....I went to the game Sunday night, and washed away any playoff expectations I had. Sure, there's still a chance my boys can get there, but before last weekend, I expected it. Now, I'm just hoping. We're getting better in some places, but we suck up front where it counts, on both sides of the ball. The offensive line can't move anybody out, and the defensive line can't get to a quarterback. Put those together and, even if we do get to the playoffs, we won't be there long. I think we have most of the right guys to do the job, but some are rookies who need time to develop...and that won't happen before the end of this season.

The youngster promised the little girl across the street he'd teach her skateboard tricks. I learned this from her mom, talking yesterday afternoon. I asked if she's seen the youngster lately, and reminded her that the huge cast on his left arm is the result of skateboard tricks. Yeah, he's just the tutor you'd be looking for...NOT!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

aahh, boys and skateboard tricks....takes me back.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home