Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tony Hawk Jr. is still in limbo

The wife took him to the pediatric orthopedist this morning...so we could get a definitive answer. Is the arm broken, or is it not? I was hoping for a negative answer and his arm free of the cast they put on it Sunday night.

So much for the certainty of medical science. Still really can't tell for sure, so they're going to put it in a cast for two weeks and look at it then. Hopefully, that means the best of both worlds. He'll get a cast, and a fair amount of sympathy. The arm will be chock full o' artwork. Then in two weeks when it's getting to the point where he can't stand the smelly itchy cast anymore, they'll find the arm's OK and he can get rid of it. Hey, a guy can hope.

On the flip side...things working against me and my hope...
I was on my way home last night, and I stopped at the store to buy some fried chicken for dinner. It wasn't quite ready, so I had to stand around for 10 minutes, waiting for the chicken to finish frying (at least I know it hasn't been sitting in a warmer for 3 hours) when the phone rang...it was the wife.

"Are you in the store?"
"Yes."
"Good, can you pick up some band-aids?
'Sure."
"The youngster says he wants some that stick real good."
"Ooookay." In my book that means plain old band-aids. I don't see a "with extra sticking power" label on any of them. Got the band-aids.

Got home with the chicken and band-aids, to find the youngster with skin missing on one finger, and the base of another...on the hand not in a cast.

"How'd you do that?"
"Well, I was down at the basketball courts...hanging from the rim."

Yeah, the mental picture should be enough.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

Oh my God. Hope he's okay.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home