Monday, October 13, 2008

conceding, but not

After watching the last debate, seeing the economic dive and watching the candidates' reactions, and seeing the amount of advertising being done by both parties, I can concede that Obama is probably going to be the next president. If he isn't, the media, all dressed up in their Obama cheerleading outfits, sure is providing a great smokescreen...but it wouldn't be the first time.

Having said that, I won't vote for him. I can't. He and I fundamentally disagree on way too many points. I don't care how good a show he puts on here or there, or who accuses who of what, and who counters with whatever else. I don't care that he may or may not be able to come through on all his promises. I disagree on what he promises....so I'm left with McCain. I'll admit I expected a bit more of John McCain in the last month or so. I can't exactly tell you more of what. I just expected more. I think his message in the last debate was too narrow. While neither candidate answered any of the questions, McCain seemed to beat the same dead horse all night...to a bloody pulp.

So we're coming into the final stretch, and unless something major happens in the next few weeks that changes things, I can easily see Barak Obama being the next president. Still, if he is, he'll be that in spite of me...not because of me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

such a scary thought for me for SO many reasons, the most important one being: I just can't stand the guy!

9:53 AM  
Blogger John said...

After 8 years of the Clinton legacy, I look at Obama and think...he doesn't seem near as bad as those two, and we survived that. At a minimum, I don't think he'll waste his time looking for creative places to store his cigars instead of trying to run the country. While it looks bleak, it could always be worse.

I think in most cases, the country manages to hang in there in spite of the person at the steering wheel, regardless of party.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

I sure hope you're right. Because I'm terrified at the thought of that guy running the show around here.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home