Monday, October 20, 2008

bits and pieces

lighter fare....sort of...so I don't stir the pot too much

I'm pretty much resigned to the idea that Barak Obama will be the next president, especially after the Colin Powell endorsement. It'll be what it'll be, and there are obviously reasons they don't make me king outside the confines of the Lumberyard.

We spent last night in the emergency room. The youngster (aka Tony Hawk Jr.) took a spill on a skateboard, and walked home...very slowly. When he came through the door, both knees and elbows were bleeding and he said he couldn't move his arm. Yet another ringing endorsement for knee and elbow pads, neither of which were in the vicinity when he went tumbling. I guess we're too cool when we're 15. After hours in the emergency room, we're down a hefty copay and up a splint, but we still know nothing. They took x-rays but the emergency room doc saw nothing definitive in the way of a break, but couldn't rule it out either. Today radiologists take a look and we try to get an appointment with a pediatric orthopedist.

During all that, we watched the Rays beat the Red Sox. I harbor no ill will against the Red Sox, but it sure was fun watching the surprise of the season get extended. Again, I'll not have a clear favorite in the World Series. I'll be happy no matter how it turns out. If the Phillies win, the team from home takes the title for only the second time, and the National League pulls out a rare World Series win...which would be pretty cool. If the Rays win, there's hope for every small market, low budget struggling team out there. Even you, Kansas City. Either way, I'll be watching with more interest than I would have if the Red Sox would have won...because I would have just expected the Red Sox to take the Series in between yawns.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home