Thursday, January 08, 2009

it's game day

The day most of the population of Florida and Oklahoma have been waiting for has arrived. This evening, universities from those states will compete for the national title in football.

I will mark the occasion by...going to the gym. Oh, I'll watch the game. There are TVs in the gym. I just haven't spent much time there and I really ought to. I did a fair amount of pike riding over the holidays, a meeting with a pickup truck notwithstanding, but no real gym time. I hit it Tuesday night for the first time in several weeks and really need to keep that routine moving forward, especially since I've come to the conclusion that...I really like to eat.

I love food.

My New Years resolution is to eat less of it. I won't enjoy it any less, mind you, but I need to do some portion control. I've been biking my ass off and yet, when I look, it's still there, and it's not getting any smaller. I made some progress the first year I started this whole exercise routing, but for the last year I've pretty much just held my ground. Since there's a lot more physical activity and no more weight loss, the obvious wrench in the monkey is food, and the volume thereof.

So I will watch the game tonight, and enjoy it if it's close and entertaining, no matter the outcome. I won't be on the couch with chips and beer, though. I'll do it sweating , just as much as those guys on the field. I just won't get banged around while I sweat...or at least I hope not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home