Tuesday, December 23, 2008

passing gas at a painful rate

Is it just me? Someone tell me it isn't. I've noticed this for months now, but this morning when it was pretty cold out, it became painfully obvious.

When you go to the gas station, is the pump working at a whole lot slower rate than it used to? I remember a few years ago, you could pump 10 or 15 gallons of gas in no time flat, be back in your car and on your way. Now, it seems, you can count, not only the tenths of a gallon, but the hundredths, with ease. You can even blink a few times.

Is it a psychological thing? Is someone doing this on purpose? Is it because the price skyrocketed, so instead of watching the dollars and cents spiral out of control in a blur, we slow the pump down so it doesn't look like your money is disappearing at an alarming rate?

I don't know. It just hit me as I was shivering with that cold pump handle in my hand...it sure didn't used to take this long.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

Oh, YOU! Don't even TALK about shivering.

;-)

12:06 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hey now. It was almost freezing this morning. :)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home