Monday, January 12, 2009

the weekend in sports

What a weekend for NFL teams with bird mascots in the playoffs. The Ravens upset the Titans. The Cardinals upset the Panthers. The Eagles upset the Giants. The Steelers are lucky there's no San Diego bird, but then again, that Steeler crowd would probably be flipping it off.

Those were some of the more surprising games I've seen in quite some time. I had to feel for Jake Delhomme a bit. It was the poor guy's birthday and he threw 5 interceptions and fumbled once to make life incredibly easy for the Cardinals, ending the Panthers' playoff hopes. What a present to give yourself.

I, of course, have little rooting interest, since the Jaguars are very far removed from the playoff process this year. I have a bit of hometown hope for the Eagles, but beyond that, there's not much emotion for me in this year's playoff race. Still, it's fun to watch, and extremely unpredictable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home