Thursday, March 19, 2009

the President gets it wrong again

With apologies to the Painter Lady, I have to strongly disagree with the President once again. Not only does the man not know what caused the current economic crisis, blaming it on the "failed policies of the last eight years," he doesn't know his ass from a Cheerio when it comes to college hoops either.

The man picked The North Carolina Tarheels to win it all in this year's big dance. I mean, seriously....HOW? Does Barak Obama not know that the mighty Villanova Wildcats stand in their way if/when they manage to survive to the final four? Does he not realize that even though they may be favored in such a matchup should it occur, their chance of yanking out a victory from a dark smelly place is next to zilch? That doesn't even take into account that Ty Lawson, even if he does eventually play, probably won't be close to 100% for the entire tournament. I know he isn't the only good player Carolina has. They have Hansbrough and a host of others (I mean, they are Carolina, for God's sake), but still, it will be a liability...enough of one to make them susceptible to the likes of Florida State.

OK, I admit...I have insanely unrealistic expectations....but ain't that what this time of year is all about? I'm sure the folks at American University are thinking the same kinds of thoughts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

LOL! You know...I'm glad your little team from PA is gonna give the Heels a fight...if it happens that is! Let's face it...the Heels are good and Sat's game proves that they can play without relying terribly on Lawson.

But truth be told...I'm pulling for the 'novas to go all the way. I think it's time for the sun to shine on their butts for a while.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

We're loving the dance this year! Lovin it!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home