Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the Jaguars grab Torry Holt

Wooo Hoooo! Well, sort of. The Jaguars went and got Torry Holt. At first blush, I should be ecstatic. Immediately our lame receiving corps got better. When you consider though, that last year's 'starters' have been tossed from the team and nobody is racing to snatch them up, you have to realize the bar is abysmally low. We got nobody, so just about anybody is an improvement. Torry Holt isn't just anybody. He's a damn good player...or was. He's older, and there's a knee issue. The Rams let him go, and the only reason he's signing with the Jaguars is because there was no rush to sign him from other teams. The race was between us and the Titans, and neither team was putting out a Herculean effort. That makes me skeptical. I mean, you gotta ask why. Why were the Rams so willing to let go of a guy who has played so well for them? Why didn't...say...the Falcons, or the Packers, or the Raiders, or any number of other teams, show the same kind of interest we did?

I guess I'm just leery of the whole free agent signing thing. The Jaguars, especially in the recent past, have had no luck in that arena. We overpay for people and get absolutely no (Jerry Porter) return on investment. I guess I've become a lot more like the State of Missouri. You gotta show me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home