Monday, April 06, 2009

ouch

It really wasn't that we lost that bothered me. I knew we were the party crashers amid the giants of college basketball, and our chances were slim. It was the way we lost. Put together a really poor shooting night and North Carolina's defense, and we just looked awful. Someone told me, they should have stopped trying to shoot the 3. Depth perception sucks in a dome like that. Well, my response is, yes I've heard that theory/excuse before, but it sure didn't seem to stop Carolina. They were making their shots behind the arc. We just weren't.

I was hoping we'd at least look like we belonged in Detroit, but that was just a pitiful performance. In the end, it doesn't bother me all that much. Villanova made it to the final four, which was more than I could ask. I would have liked a better game to go out on, but they didn't ask me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home