Thursday, May 28, 2009

bring on the next ride

This weekend, a neighbor and I are taking on the next charity bike ride challenge, the Tour de Cure. It benefits the American Diabetes Association and, like the MS ride, is something that's done all over the country on different weekends. It's not just a J'ville thing.

It's also a lot like the MS rides in that you have lots of options for distances. It's a two day event, but you don't have to do both days. On day one you have an option of 100 km or 100 miles. At the Saturday finish line there will be some sort of food festival thing. I'm not sure what to expect, so I'm keeping the expectation level low and hoping they surprise me. If you do day two, you can do 100 km or a fun ride of about 14 miles. We're doing the 100 mile day one and skipping day two. Well, we might come out for the fun ride, just because, but we'll have to see. We're lucky, in that the start line is all of about 4 miles from home, so we can go out there on a whim if we feel like it. After all, we're already registered for the ride. We'll just have to see if we feel like getting out there on Sunday.

Once we get this on under our belts, it'll be half of my charity ride season for the year. I'll do two MS rides - one in Pennsylvania in July, and then the one that started me on this kick in the first place, J'ville to Daytona and back in October.

Next year, I think we'll be scaling back a little bit. I love doing the rides, and they're for great causes. My fundraising ability, though, for that many different events, just ain't up to par. I think I'm spreading myself a bit thin, and to make any kind of impact, I need to focus on just a couple of rides...like two.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home