Monday, May 11, 2009

the weekend in review

I'm feeling like quite the slug. I haven't had any exercise in a week and that needs to change. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be all that concerned...just pick up where I left off. Now though, the concern is...I have to ride 100 miles on the 30th, and I have to be ready for that. Well, I don't have to. You never really have to. I mean, I could sleep in that Saturday and act like there is no ride, but I said I would do it...and I will.

The reason I haven't done squat in a week is the Players Championship...and Mother's Day...and the youngster's birthday, which fell on Mother's Day this year. The tournament meant getting to and from work is a real time consuming bear...and I had to work Saturday. No time for bikes, or the gym. Then Sunday, it was Mother's Day brunch and the youngster's birthday...no time there either.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not. I enjoyed the weekend thoroughly. The tournament is always fun, even if I have to work part of it. I brought my college roommate with me, and he got to watch quite a bit of it. He's not much of a golfer, but he stayed around the first tee and watched most of the field start, standing his ground on his little piece of bleacher seat while Tiger teed off and the crowd swarmed, and did a fair amount of people watching....and now that they moved the tournament to May, when it's much warmer and women wear less clothing, there's much more of people to watch. Mother's Day, and youngster turning 16, was also a lot of fun. We did Mom's Day brunch at the World Golf Village....very yummy.

Now, it's just time to pay the piper...and I need to get on the stick (not that I ever use cliches).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home