Wednesday, April 22, 2009

IE 8

Last night I was goofing off on the web, and some banner ad came up for Internet Explorer 8. Now, I try to stay up to date with IE, if for no other reason than I occasionally buy things through the web, and I figure the latest and greatest from Microsoft will probably do a better job of protecting my credit cards and such. Maybe I'm off base, but that's the rationale.

So, I visited the Microsoft website (cuz I don't trust banner ads) and found the download, and proceeded on my merry way. I should stop here, and say I like a clean browser. I'm no fan of toolbars. I don't want Yahoo's tool bar, Google's tool bar, MSN's tool bar...none of that shit. I'll find what I want, when I want it without your handy dandy button always on my screen, thank you very much. So it all finished and I had to restart the computer. I did, and....I fired up the new version that doesn't look much different than the old one except....the usable screen is about half the size because now I've got every tool bar known to man taking up the top half. My favorites now have 50 bazillion MSN websites taking up the top 99% of the drop down box. My new home page (I didn't know I needed one) is now MSN. It took me longer to clean that carp up than it did to download the thing in the first place.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home