Wednesday, May 20, 2009

taking the excuses

The weather here's been miserable since Sunday and there's no sign of it drying out anytime soon. We need rain, so I shouldn't complain, but could we get it in smaller doses? This is the third straing day of high winds and rain, and just that nasty raw feeling.

Because of that, I've been cozing up in a slug-fest....as in being one. I needed to get to the gym last night, but by the time I got home from work, doing a few errands on the way and being just a bit soaked, I just ate dinner and vegged. I wasn't getting back out in that mess again, except to take the dog out. Some things need to be done no matter what. It was a good excuse not to go to the gym (or at least I thought so at the time), but it's an excuse nonetheless, and exercise didn't get done.

Tonight though...it has to happen. I will get there. Then I'll be riding this weekend, and hopefully between two or three rides, I'll total one hundred miles. That way I'll feel a bit better about the next weekend, when I'll do that same hundred on Saturday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home