Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Jaguars first pre-season game

I watched the first half last night, and I don't want to try to take too much from watching the first pre-season game. The team is young. Lots of rookies and lots of player turnover.

I saw some things that made me hopeful, but at the same time...watching the first team offense...it just looked a lot like it did last year, and that ain't good. Some of the first string players didn't play because of minor injuries, so there's that to consider, and some of the guys just haven't played together for that long. Some guys (Maurice Jones Drew) barely played at all.

I'm hopeful, but the reality is it needs to get a lot better. The first string offense didn't move the ball...at all. David Garrard led the team to one first down in three possessions. That's pitiful. I'm cautiously optimistic, but with more caution than before I watched that game. Please Jaguars...show me something I can believe in.....soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home