Wednesday, August 12, 2009

lawn watering restrictions

Like some of you I'm sure, we're dealing with lawn watering restrictions. We're only allowed to water our lawns twice a week. Odd numbered houses can do it on Wednesday and Saturday, but not during the middle of the day when most of the water evaporates and doesn't do squat for the yard. Even numbered houses can do it on Thursday and Sunday.

Overall, it's been no big deal, lawn-wise. I never watered it more than twice a week anyway. Most of the summer, we've had lots of rain, so I've done very little human-assisted lawn watering at all, restrictions or no. My issue isn't the lawn.

My issue is water pressure. We haven't had rain since last Thursday, so this morning (Wednesday), every odd numbered house in a bazillion mile radius of mine was running sprinklers on their lawn to keep their grass healthy. I...was trying to take a shower while getting ready for work. It was damned difficult! The water was barely coming out and the pressure was non-existent.

I don't mind the restriction on lawn watering. Twice a week is plenty and we could all stand to abide by that (not that the restrictions really matter, because they aren't enforced and there are plenty of people who ignore them, but that's another matter). Do we all have to water on the same freaking day though? Can we spread it out a little more, so half the world isn't trying to water their lawn on the same day and suck the water pressure down to where you can barely take a shower? This is bordering on ridiculous, but then again, I don't know what more I expected. Once government bureaucracy gets involved in anything, common sense seems to disappear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home