Thursday, April 28, 2005

John on a whinepage

OK here's the deal.

There is a very good medical center in town where my wife works and all of our family gets its medical treatment, including my mother-in law. She lives about an hour north of us and drives down and stays when she has to visit the establishment, which is not a big deal. I get along fine with her and she's welcome anytime.

Every day for lunch I bring a container of yogurt, some kind of fruit (lately an apple because that's what has looked best at the grocery store) and a low-carb bar of some sort, trying to keep my girlish figure. I don't always eat what I bring. There is a great restaurant in walking distance from my desk that does excellent fish, and sometimes the fresh catch special is irresistible. Still, it's healthy.

So she came down Monday for tests Tuesday, for which she had to fast, and she did. After the tests she couldn't keep down anything but bland food, so she found my yogurt, which has fruit on the bottom. Since the fruit is on the bottom, she could eat all the plain yogurt off the top and throw away the fruit.

Now, I don't mean to whine too much, but...if she's not going to eat the fruit anyway, don't you think she could leave me a variety instead of eating all the different ones and leaving me with 2 raspberry and 2 peach ones? I mean, she ate the mango, and the banana, and the tropical fruit and the blackberry and left me all the duplicates, and I try to aim for variety so I can keep eating that stuff without getting tired of it.

I know...if that's all I have to complain about, life ain't too bad, but still...I was looking forward to mango. Yes I know. I can and will buy more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

It's the disappointment of opening the fridge door and not seeing mango. I know...I made some lemon jello this week--for me! Mom and Ben ate it. Didn't leave me one wiggle.... So yes, J ...I'm relating.

1:47 PM  
Blogger S.S. said...

She was probably too hungry from fasting, to notice which flavour she grabbed out of the fridge!

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home