Monday, May 23, 2005

ebay

There was a time when I bought a lot of things on ebay, and then I started to feel an addiction come on. I'd start bidding on things, not because I needed them, but because I could get them cheap....golf stuff being my main crutch. I now have more golf balls than I will use in the next year, at least...and I go through several of them in a round, managing to drown more than one and abandon a few in the woods. I bailed before it got too ugly, but this is just the sort of thing I was afraid of...

ebay gone berzerk

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there could be shrunken heads in those boxes!

12:17 PM  
Blogger S.S. said...

It wasn't just the bargain prices.. it was also the adrenalin when you start bidding things.

4:18 AM  
Blogger John said...

You're right Sandra. You start bidding and get caught up in the psychology of not wanting to lose, and all of a sudden you own something that you started bidding on because you thought, "Well, if I can get it this cheap, why not?" When it's finally yours, it's not so cheap anymore, because you had to bid a little higher and when it comes right down to it, you never really needed it in the first place.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home