Monday, May 16, 2005

Will Farrell - Kicking and Screaming

Saw Kicking and Screaming this weekend. Will Farrell plays a dad who coaches his kid's soccer team because nobody else will do it. Will's father (Robert Duvall) is also a coach in the same soccer league who very competitive, and has been the league champions since Tut was the boy king of Egypt. It's the soccer Bad News Bears with a father/son rivalry thrown in, and Mike Ditka as Will Farrell's assistant and mentor. You know Will Farrell's band of misfits will end up playing and beating his fathers 12 year old soccer professionals. You just don't know how. I took my son and two of his friends, and they enjoyed it. I was severly unimpressed. It was cute, and it did have its moments, but not nearly enough of them to constitute a movie. I can't say I'd recommend going to see it on the big screen. I'd even have trouble recommending it as a rental. Maybe if a friend with kids rents it, you could take yours over to see it while the parents sit on the back porch and socialize or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Doug wanted to go see this movie Friday night. I told him he would have to drag me 'kicking and screaming,' because I didn't want to go.

We didn't. Instead we had a yummy dinner at Ruby Tuesday.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home