Thursday, May 12, 2005

Revelations

I've been watching this TV miniseries for the last few weeks called Revelations. It's about the end of the world, and scripture reading translations, and it's setting up for this huge holy war between good and evil. Apparently it has stirred up a lot of lively debate, and probably heated arguments between people who have some religious stake in the whole thing. Follow this link and check out the 'Board' link from there....yikes! There's a lot of baiting and defensiveness and general nastinesss going on.

http://www.nbc.com/Revelations/index.shtml

I personally take the show at face value. It's a pretty cool story with a few Bible verses thrown in for good measure, but it's still just a television show and nothing more than that.

My problem with it though is the commercials. This show is full of them. The show is an hour long, every Wednesday for the last 5 weeks and next week is the last one, so there are a total of six hour long shows in the story. I swear each segment has at least 45 minutes of commercials. You get to the end of the hour and feel like you just got a tidbit of the story and its over. I feel cheated!

I told my wife...when this miniseries is over, you know they'll sell the story on DVD. I'll bet, when they do, the whole story without the commercials won't be more than one hour long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home