Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Hitler Youth Pope

Person sitting near John: I can't believe the new pope was a member of the Hitler Youth!

John: Think about when he was a kid. Every child in Germany was a member of the Hitler youth. They had no choice. They were either a member or they were dead.

Person sitting near John: Yeah, but you would think a future pope would have stood up to them.

John: Well, we had another German guy who was supposed to be pope, and he did stand up to them, but since he's dead now, we had to settle for this other guy.

(Yes, I think his initial comment was thrown out there to needle me, cuz he knows I'm Catholic, and his and my views rarely coincide.)

4 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

Making judgement on other people is really easy. You won't understand how they feel, until when it happens to you.

4:08 AM  
Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:56 PM  
Blogger John said...

Just for reference, the person I had this conversation with is also prominently featured in my posts about whiners. He's the one who whined about not getting fed by the company when the help desk woman (that he always complained about) left.

4:56 PM  
Blogger S.S. said...

Oh yea, I remember him :)

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home