Thursday, August 04, 2005

Palmeiro gets 10 day suspension

Raphael Palmeiro gets a 10 day suspension for using steriods. Kenny Rodgers gets 20 for being an asshole. People are questioning the punishment/crime relationship of these two and rightly so. The ones who are wrong are the ones saying it shows Rodgers' punishment was too severe. Palmeiro's was too light, and so is anyone else's who gets caught cheating Baseball in this way.

Palmeiro should get slammed a lot harder. His season should be done and he should be banned from the Hall of Fame. You want to let people know you're serious about steriods? Hit them in their pocket book for the current year, and let them know that their enhanced performance won't get them squat as a legacy. Since we can't distinguish what you did with or without streoids, but we know you used them, we are left to assume all your numbers are a product of something you alone are incapable of. When you cheat, you lose the benefit of the doubt and the system should not err in your favor. Therefore, you're outa there. Record the K.

From my stand, you might conclude that I hate baseball, and that's not true. I love baseball, and I'm tired of having the game I love scarred by people dragging it down. I want my game back!

Of course, I want that, and I want a world where my children will be judged not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character, and as soon as I get those two, I'll buy the world a Coke and get to work on that whole whirrled peas thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Teach the world to sing, baby.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home