Friday, November 11, 2005

stars and music

Last night was a night of opposites, the most mundane and the fairly special.

It was bill paying night. I hate bill paying night just for the drudgery of it. It was supposed to be checkbook balancing night as well, but I didn't quite get there...probably tomorrow.

Before the fun of checks and balances though, we went walking. Since the night has taken over the afternoon, it was dark when we went, and there were shooting stars. Not tons of them, mind you, but I saw two. Apparently we're in the middle of some meteor shower (said Mr. Weatherman this morning) which peaks tonight, so here's your chance to see some, and my chance to see more.

Afterwards I still had the bill thing staring me in the face, while the wife, mom-in-law and youngster watched one of those cop shows...CSI, Cold Case, Law and Order, they all run together for me. This one had FBI people in it I think. I had to get some stuff to get the bill party started and stopped at the computer. Maybe it was a commercial for the upcoming release of Madagascar on DVD, but I had a sudden urge to hear I Like to Move It, so I went web searching. I found it, and proceeded to make a pain in the ass of myself for the next 15 minutes or so cranking the tunes to the point where the youngster came in the room twice and asked me to turn it down. Eventually I did, but it took a while, just because I knew...once I got rid of the lemurs, it was back to the bills. They did get finished though....eventually.

I like to move it move it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home