Friday, December 16, 2005

and a close second

Referring to the last post, Ellen lost her bid for a Web Log award to Mr. Garfield Ridge in a squeaker. I realize my endorsement wasn't going to put her over the top. This place gets less hits a day than the youngster in an average baseball game (but it's still mine), but I felt the urge to at least try.

The whole process did what it's supposed to do I guess though. It made me want to go visit Garfield Ridge, just to see what makes him so special, and I'll admit, it's pretty humorous. I'll visit more often.

Last night was the Christmas program at the youngster's school. It was supposed to be a grand outdoor affair in the courtyard of the school, until it rained. I heard the decorations in the courtyard were lovely. I, along with most of the parents, never saw them. They crammed us into the church, because it was the only nearby building close to big enough, and the kids sang the songs of the program. They were all cute and stuff, but the rain put a disappointing damper on it all. There was no mistaking the theme of the program though. It was all about Christmas, and not some generic winter holiday, and that's a good thing.

Oh, and because I don't want to be the cause of your insomnia tonight, today, Santa's putting in the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home