Monday, December 12, 2005

the weekend in review

First the Colts game..

Needed the defense to carry the offense - they didn't
Needed an amazing game out of David Garrard - he didn't
Needed the offense to play pretty much mistake free - they didn't
Needed to not lose three fumbles - they did
Needed Fred taylor to come back strong - he didn't

Therefore the Colts romped.

Yeah I had high hopes, but they were pinned on things I thought could happen. Obviously I was wrong...this time. Here's hoping there's a next time this season.

Baseball is finally done for the year. Mr. look-a-me is now a fading memory as the tournament came to a close Sunday morning. Our guys played two on Saturday, and went into Sunday 1-1 in a double elimination tournament. They lost their first game Sunday morning and were done by 10:00. I can't say I'll miss advanced ball. It's just too much for the youngster with everything else he likes doing and school. If his entire world was school and baseball, he might be able to handle it, but even then I'm not sure, and that's a moot point because his life isn't just school and baseball. Done till Spring Ball tryouts, January 7th. The advanced ball coach in the spring is someone different who's done it before and is very good (Mr. Little League from past posts), but still the youngster won't be going there. He needs to work on school first.

The youngster and I went to see the Chronicles of Narnia Saturday night. The wife was a good sport about going to The Goblet of Fire with us, but I wasn't going to push it with Narnia. These aren't her kind of movies, but I enjoy them. The more I hear about the movie, the more I hear the religious angle brought up, which surprises me a little, but whatever. I thought the movie was great, with or without all that. It may be a bit much for little kids, hence the PG rating. Even the youngster was waiting for the scene when they kill Aslan to end, whispering to me, "I'm not liking this part." I don't want to give anything away though, to those of you who might see the movie without reading the book, so I'll be quiet about the rest. It's true to the book though, and the lumberyard gives it two thumbs up.

I am so far behind on Christmas it's getting ridiculous. Maybe I'm using the baseball thing as an excuse, but let's face it...it's been a pretty good one. I need to get way busy though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home