Friday, January 06, 2006

My Name is Earl

I'm not a big TV person. I enjoyed some situation comedies in the 80s, but the writing generally went downhill and I stopped watching. I'm not big on CSI Miami, New York, Las Vegas, Poughkipsee, or Fargo. Same with Law and Order C.I., S.V.U., A.B.C., D.E.F., or G.H.I. These might be more palatable if they didn't seem to be on every time I turn on a television, which I admit isn't all that often. The wife likes those shows, and I'll sit through them, but I don't look forward to them. She's also hooked on Lost, which I think I would be if I gave it a chance, but it's looking all too weird when I watch it now because I'm getting in way too late, which is OK. I can live without that addiction. Gray's Anatomy has some humor, and I like that, but there wasn't much else, until a few weeks ago we stumbled onto something that took me back to Raising Arizona. If you enjoyed the Nicholas Cage/Holly Hunter classic and haven't seen My Name is Earl, it's worth at least one look.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

You should look out for "House"... Has Hugh Laurie in it... it is very good. "My Name is Earl" is due to begin its first run here next week... i will be sure to catch it and let you know...

11:29 AM  
Blogger S.S. said...

I used to be a TV addict. You know, like you have to be at home at certain time because you don't want to miss some series on TV. And if I did miss it, I'd felt such a terrible loss as if someone has died or something.

But not anymore :) I think there are better way of passing the time than to sit in front of TV.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home