Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas - the aftermath (aka. Lazy Tuesday)

First of all, I hope everybody had a great Christmas, or birthday, or is in the middle of a wonderful Hannuka or Kwaanza or generic winter holiday. Ours was. I got some clothes and a wonderful book by Larry the Cable Guy, which I've only read a few chapters of, but that guy cracks me up. The youngster got (I know this comes as a surprise) an i-pod.

Speaking of cracking up, apparently the "Lazy Sunday" video from Saturday Night Live is getting to the point of having a cult following. When we finally got the youngster's i-pod up and running and went to the i-tunes store online, "Lazy Sunday" was a Christmas freebie for download. In the "It's all about the Hamiltons, baby!", department, you can even buy t-shirts now. No, this isn't a paid advertisement, but I may need a "Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious" t-shirt.

I did get a new flat panel monitor for Christmas. Don't ask why. I think it was because the wife wanted a flat panel monitor for our computer. The old one was working just fine, and has been since 1996. Orange was still being rendered as orange and red, blue and green were still displayed in all their vivid glory. The new one is the same size as the old, but admittedly takes up less space. I assume that makes the online shopping experience easier. I was worried about the old monitor being kicked to the curb...literally. I wasn't sure if those things were considered hazardous waste, because I think there's something in them the garbage folks don't like. Today being trash day, I decided to test the waters, put it out there and see what happens. The findings are inconclusive though, as the trash divers have apparently arrived before the official garbage men. The monitor disappeared while the rest of the garbage remains.

Yesterday was golf day. After 9 holes, I was convinced the day I break 90 had arrived. I was playing outa my mind. Then my mind, and game returned in ugly fashion for the back 9. Oh well, tomorrow's another day. On the good side, I think I can recycle last year's New Year's resolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home