Monday, December 19, 2005

you're going to suffer, but you're going to be happy about it

I hate feeling like this.

The Jaguars won yesterday! They are one win away from going to the playoffs. I sat in miserable wet cold, and watched my team take their record to 10-4 and I'm hoarse. That's not what I'm not happy about. I wanted to be there. Still, I'm not happy. I'm supposed to be happy dammit! The Jaguars played the lowly San Francisco 49ers yesterday....the bottom of the barrel, clear favorite in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, and won, 10 to 9. One freakin' point in a game that was incredibly hard to watch in a season loaded with much of the same. To top it off, I had to watch Reggie Williams dance like it's already Christmas every time he did anything right. I'm not getting a good feeling about our chances, or hopes, or whatever.

The defense, which is supposed to be pretty good, made rookie running back Frank Gore, making his first start, mind you, look like he's going to the pro bowl. The offense was just plain inept. I'll grant you we've suffered a bunch of injuries on the offensive side of the ball, but this team still has expectations of going places. I see us going one. I believe we can pull the last two games of the season out. The teams left to play will give us a good game, if yesterday was any indication, but still...we should finish 12-4, and find ourselves most likely in New England for our first playoff game, where the Patriots will be one humongous wake up call. End of story. Time to start on that "What I did on my offseason vacation" essay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home