Sunday, January 08, 2006

Patriot games

Well, yeah, it was disappointing. I was hoping for a lot more out of the Jaguars, but the reality of it all was summed up in one Patriots touchdown by Ben Watson. He coulda woulda shoulda been stopped short of a first down by Mike Peterson. Mike P. was playing in a cast and couldn't make the tackle, and the botched play goes 63 yards for a touchdown.

I know we hobbled our way into the playoffs. I know Byron was hurt, the center was a backup he'd never play with before (oh, that didn't come out right) becausethe starter is on IR. I know Mike P., Paul Spicer and Rasheen Mathis were starting with broken appendages. I know our Defensive and Special teams captains were on IR. I know we weren't going to the Super Bowl. That doesn't mean I give up hope.

I thought if everyone pulled together and played their best game, we could beat the Patriots. I still believe that. When Jimmy Smith drops well over half of what's thrown his way, and Alvin Pearman coughs up the ball, and we give up on out runnig game though, we lose that chance. When we stop tackling well in the second half, we lose that chance. I think part of that might be the weather. I think part of it is a sign of a young team figuring out what the playoffs are about. I think part of it was that we played a damn good team. I think all of it makes us stronger for next time we get there, and I think that'll come in 2006.

OK, yeah. All that is just another way of saying, "Wait'll next year!", and yeah, I'm still a homer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home