Thursday, January 19, 2006

School Busses

I don't have a huge problem with school busses. I understand the necessity of transporting large amounts of children to our centers of learning, and can tolerate the affect they have on my commute. I do have some patience.

What pisses me off is the parents of children who ride those busses who can't seem to have them at the bus stop at the appointed time. Having a bus to take your kids to school is a huge convenience. Take it from one who passes up that convenience because of other choices he has made. Traffic, all around, makes concessions for you to be able to do that. The least you could do is have your kid there when he or she is supposed to be.

A few days ago I sat 4 or 5 cars behind a school bus (and the line of cars was building behind me)...waiting....and waiting...for what looked like no apparent reason. All the 'on time' kids had already loaded up. Then a girl, maybe 7 years old, comes running up to the bus from up the street, followed by mom, with the girl's lunch, and a dog. So the girl waits for mom at the door of the bus, gets her lunch, and starts playing with the dog. Finally someone (not me, but it could have been) honked their horn. The girl got on the bus and life moved on.

That was the extreme, but this morning I got the same thing at a different stop...minus the dog. Everybody lines up when the bus comes and gets on....and then we wait....and wait...10 or 15 cars deep and getting longer...both ways...waiting...until two kids come running up the street, backpacks bouncing on their backs as they rush to the bus. If this was an occasional thing (and it used to be), I wouldn't mind, but more and more it's becoming the rule rather than the exception. It's getting to where I recognize the kids. They're repeat offenders.

Folks, you know when the bus is supposed to be there. Have a little consideration for eveyone else out there (and yeah, I'm talking about me, because it really is all about me), and have your children ready to go when the time comes. It'd make me have to think of something else to rant about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

A-F'ing-Men!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home