Thursday, January 12, 2006

chocolate cake...for breakfast

Yes, life does imitate art, on occasion.

Bill Cosby has a classic routine called "Himself". It was on HBO constantly in the early 80's and is now available at a reasonable price in DVD. If you've never seen it, rent it or buy it, but see it. It's worth the time investment. In it, Mr. Cosby does a segment on his wife asking him to get up and cook breakfast for the kids, and he rationalizes that since eggs and milk are in chocolate cake, he can give in to his daughter's request to have the chocolate cake, sitting on the counter, for breakfast...with grapefruit juice.

Yesterday was the one day in the month that we, at work, celebrate the January birthday people. The cake of the month was "Death by Chocolate." It's a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate brownie separating the top and bottom layer of the cake. I so wish I could step away from that table....but I don't have the will power. I had a piece, but I tried to keep it small, which was my rationalization to make it all OK.

This morning I passed the kitchen, and the remains of the cake are still there.

Chocolate cake? For breakfast?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....
Jo ;)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home