Thursday, March 30, 2006

and the beat goes on

The second floor of the house is......white again. It's a cleaner shade of white, because the paint's new. That means for now, the walls in the youngster's bathroom have lost that dingy shade, but other than that, it's white and smells like paint.

Hopefully, a real refrigerator appears in the house today. That's the rumor anyway. Baseball practice got postponed Tuesday...to tonight, so either the wife or mom-in-law will get the boy there, and I'll meet him there straight from work. That means by the time I get home, if all goes as planned, the fridge will be up and running and we'll know if it actually makes ice. Oh, it'd be good if it still did all the things this one actually does do right, too...like keep food cold. At this point, I'm making no assumptions.

I have been asked to play in the member-guest golf tournament where we live, by a friend who is a member. It's in about a month. His ability pretty much equals mine, so we aren't exactly competing in the same flight as the scratch guys. I did this two years ago with someone else, and tried my damndest to be decent. I practiced a few times a week, since there is a driving range in walking distance of the office. It paid off, too. No, we didn't win, but I helped us be respectable. We actually beat the guys who won the whole thing, but the rest of the competition didn't go as well. Consistency isn't my strong suit. Well, this year, that driving range is falling prey to the construction activity. It's already closed. At first I was really bummin' about it, but I realized....there is a putting green nearby too. No, it's not a range, but that part of the game could certainly use work too, and I can still hit the driving range elsewhere on the weekends. I'll make this thing work yet and who knows....we might even kick some butt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home