Monday, March 06, 2006

little league

For now lets just say we lost, 6-5. The youngster had a solid single (stole second, third and home on a passed ball) and was hit by a pitch in his only two at bats, scoring 2 runs, and was used...sparingly in the field. I want to wait a few games to see how things go, and if they change at all, before I start ranting. I'm hoping what I saw was just the first game and not a pattern. If not, I think it'll be a battle keeping the youngster's attitude positive, and his interest in the game. The thing is, I want him to enjoy the game, and I have to make sure my attitude doesn't cloud his, but I'll be chewing on my tongue if I have to watch him play all of four innings in right field backing up the errors made by the coach's son, who's playing second base like a human croquet hoop. Then again, I may be jumping to conclusions. Let's let the next couple of weeks play out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home