Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the circle jerk

Well, while on vacation, we bought a new stereo...a very cool receiver with lots of presets, and a cd player, and surround sound (like 6 or 8 speakers), and the best part is you can take it just about anywhere. It has a steering wheel and seats 7. The bad part is it isn't quite ours yet.

It seems after two 13 hour trips in a week in the family truckster, the wife decided she'd had enough. Yes, when fully loaded and doing just a tad over the speed limit, just to keep up with traffic and not to make an obstacle of myself of course, you feel a lot of the road. Somewhere near the end of the trip home, she prety much exploded.

"I hate riding in this truck. I've always hated riding in this truck. How many miles do we have on this thing? Over 150 thousand? Isn't it about time we traded it in?"

After that it was just a barrage. Every time we got in the truckster I got reminded of how bad the ride is and how we needed something else and "it's time."

So after a few days of that, I realized it was time to trade the truckster. Either that, or I was going to listen to how she hates riding in it every time we loaded up to go somewhere. Sure, we could take her car, but she always wants me to drive, which means adjusting the seat, and mirrors and I'll stop whining now. It's bad enough when I talk about her whining, but when I start and we're doing it in stereo...well, nobody wants to read that.

So I started researching, and found what I wanted. The youngster did the same and we came close to the same vehicle. Mine carried more stuff and people, didn't have a DVD player, did have a roof and wasn't the babe magnet his version was, but other than that, we were thinking along the same lines. Both had four wheels, anyway.

Then came the trip to the dealer. He had exactly what we wanted, but it was dark blue. I like dark blue cars. I don't like dark blue cars in Florida, and this is where the jerking around began. First there was the obligatory offer on the dark blue car. Then the refusal. Then the next offer on the dark blue car. Then the next, more adamant refusal. Then came the search for what we wanted. Next came about three different people, "going out of their way" (ie. doing their job) to get us what we wanted. It would be here the next day. In the meantime, take this stripped version of what you're getting to drive until it comes (since they already hauled the truckster off.)

The next day came, and with it a phone call. We won't have it until tomorrow. Tomorrow was today.

So this afternoon I called, hoping to get all this taken care off before I start working again tomorrow.

Come on in. It's ready.

So we did, and it's not. They thought it was, but someone missed the part where I said it had to have all the stuff the blue car had. It was white, but it was missing a lot of things I wanted..things that blue car had. So I told them no, and they looked incredulous, and then I told them the same thing I did two days ago, and they acted all apologetic, and started frantically looking for what I wanted in the computer.

They're still looking, I suppose. They sent me home with their stripped (but new) version of what I want. I'm tempted to road trip to Orlando...for the hell of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home