Monday, September 25, 2006

money can't buy me love

Bullshit. Yes it can, and at under five dollars, it's even cheap.

The car pool kids have been hounding me for about a week. A new McDonalds opened on our way to school, not far from our starting point. It seems one of the car pool moms bought them all sundaes one day on the way home. Since then they've been working me.

"Mr. Lumberyard, can we stop for hash browns?"

That same question was asked many times and many ways, from several angles. Finally I relented. I made a deal with them. If they could all be ready 10 minutes early (because Mr. Lumberyard still needs to get to work), I'd pick 'em up and we'd hit McBreakfast's for hash browns on the way. So last night I made sure everyone remembered to tell their parent to have them ready, which, of course, they didn't.

This morning though, it went off like clockwork. Got 'em all, went thru the drive thru, hash browns for everyone and instant grease soaked, artery clogging adoration for me, all for under five bucks. They took all the garbage with them to the trash can at school so I didn't have to deal with all that...life is good, and I'm feelin' the love.

Of course, the problem with that theory is sustaining all that. To do that, you gotta keep doing the drive thru thing, and that ain't happenin'. I can see the hash brown love fading fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home