Monday, September 18, 2006

Cotillion

I feel a little better about the youngster and the whole Cotillion thing. They had their first event Friday night.

I drove him and two others from the neighborhood to the event, which, I saw when I got there, is nothing but a fancy word for a dance. It had a theme....sports. You were supposed to arrive in your favorite team colors. The "uniform" of the evening seemed to be some kind of team shirt, and jeans. It was a far cry from frilly dresses and tuxedos and...what I was picturing. There was every manner of U of Florida, Florida State, U of Georgia, Jaguars, Steelers (thanks to one of my charges), and too many others to mention, pretty much all in jeans. Like I said, it was...a dance. It reminded me of high school...30-something years ago.

The youngster had a good time, dancing with girls from his school, "and two girls I didn't know." He said he really enjoyed it and wants to go back. He even did about two seconds of crowd surfing before the chaperones stopped all that nonsense. Yeah, I feel better now. The snooty picture I had in my head and crowd surfing...definitely not the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home