Friday, September 08, 2006

Michelle Wie misses another cut

I'm a big Michelle Wie fan. I think the kid's an amazing golfer. She's a helluva lot better than I am (hell, she hits it farther off the tee than I do, and it goes straight more often than my ball does) and she's a teenager. I think she's gonna be great some day...some day. I liked that she started playing in men's tournaments, and that while she didn't make the cut, she did beat a fair number of guys. Now, I'm not so sure.

When you keep missing cuts, there comes a time when you ought to take a step back and re-evaluate the strategy. Maybe the kid should play the LPGA...and stay there until she actually wins something. Get in the habit of winning things and not letting the pressure get to you, and build some confidence. Then take another shot at the guys. I'm sure they'll still be there when you're ready, but for now, you're just....not.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

Yep, you're right.
Nice philosophy, John :-)

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home