Wednesday, August 30, 2006

getting better every day

I tried work yesterday...and ended up giong home after lunch. Today I feel a little better, so I'm giving it another shot. Hopefully I'll get through the whole day this time.

Ernesto cometh. The parents called last night with the usual pre-hurricane call. "Are you going to be OK? Are you evacuating? Are you sure you should stay home?" I eased the fears. No we're not going anywhere. By the time it gets here it'll be a minimal tropical storm. I'm hoping it comes close enough to drench us but not so close that FPL loses our power. Of course, if I breathe wrong, that could happen, so that might be too much to ask for. I can see myself wandering the halls of the nearby (non-FPL power supplied) grocery store again, just to hang out in their air conditioning.

I'm growing Beatles fans in car pool...inadvertently, but it's happening. One Beatles compilation is in the CD changer in the rolling video game. It includes, among other hits, Yellow Submarine, which has become a car pool sing-along daily routine. It could be a whole lot worse....sugar on my tongue. I told the youngster it was a movie, and now he wants to see it. Trouble is, I doubt Yellow Submarine is on the rack at the local Blockbuster. I really don't want to buy it. I can't see us watching the entire thing once, let alone more than once. Maybe he'll just have to do without Blue Meanies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home