Monday, August 21, 2006

well, we got something going for us

I came away from Saturday night's Jaguar game with only two real thoughts.

At least nobody's getting a huge head thinking we're good and all. There's no way you could come away from that performance thinking all's well.

There are some people in Carolina who really need a life, yet have money. From the looks of things two rows behind me, 5 guys (and one girlfriend, wife, significant other, sister, cousin, all of the above...I'm not sure what it was) road tripped all the way to Jacksonville for their first beer. How do you get that loud, obnoxious and downright ugly over a preseason game? As for the female, I don't know where you find spandex Panther uniform pants that big, but I don't think they're supposed to let the fat roll like that. Aren't they supposed to kinda hold it in? That was just wrong. I know I know...this sample of 'humanity' isn't indigenous to Carolina alone. They, or people like them can be found just about anywhere. They just happened to be the lovely sample behind me, representing the Panther nation, taking the term 'asshole' and making it their own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Not all Carolina fans are like that...I'm thinking they were from the Charlotte area--there's inbreeding in some of the surrounding communities. I would never drive a gazillion miles for my first beer of the preseason...I watched the game from Al's and he never once got obnoxious when Peppers made a brilliant move...

I looked for you in the stands. Did you see me? I was in the kitchen at Al's baking a cake.

Remember it's preseason and.. I remember a time when Carolina sucked. It's only a matter of time before Jax shines.

kisssssssss

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home