Friday, September 08, 2006

I see a long Fall coming

It began this morning. I watched a lot of the Steelers/Dolphins game last night. Neither team is big on my hit parade, so I didn't care much about the outcome. It was just nice to watch real football again. This morning however, I realized just how long this football season will be. The Steelers looked pretty strong, with their backup quarterback no less. This morning, for a painful 20 minutes, I listened to play by play from my obnoxious little Steeler fan car pool kids. Next week, the Steelers play the Jaguars and while I can hope for a favorable outcome, I have a feeling we might end up on the losing end of that stick. I love my Jags, and I'll yell and scream and pull with all I got, but I haven't seen anything in the preseason to make me think otherwise. Hopefully Sunday will be different, but it's hard to be optimistic. Next Tuesday could be ugly because if there's one word that doesn't describle these kids when the Steelers beat anyone, let alone the Jaguars...it's gracious.

I might actually use this navigation thingie that came with the rolling video game. Next Friday the youngster is going to a dance at some place I never heard of. Maybe I'll plug the address in, and let Bitchin' Betty* take me there.

*Bitchin' Betty - a term of endearment used by Navy pilots when warnings and such were given a female voice in the cockpit, such as "The landing gear is up". The voice for the rolling video game's navigation system sounds very much like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home