Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bit of this, that, and the other

Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, dies as a sting ray put a poisonous barb thru his chest. Rumor has it there's video and he actually yanked the thing from his chest...and that might be what killed him. In any case, Mr. Crocodile Hunter has provided endless Animal Planet conservation education and entertainment in the Lumberyard household for years...and in households all over the world. Yeah, when you do what he did for a living, I guess this kinda comes with the territory, but the man will be sorely missed.

Ben Roethlisberger has an emergency appendectomy and will miss this week's game against the Dolphins. They're saying he'll be back the following week, but I have my doubts. That would be the Monday night game, when the Steelers play the Jaguars in J'ville. Last year he had some medical excuse for not playing the Jaguars (or was it a note from his mommy?...I can't remember). This year there's this "emergency appendectomy" thing. Abject fear of facing the formidable Jacksonville Jaguars or mere coincidence....you decide. (Of course, there is the third option...wishful thinking in the Lumberyard...but let's not go there.)

Played golf yesterday, in an up and down (or in this case down and up) microcosm of what my game is. Front 9 - 49, Back 9 - 42. I have never shot 42 for 9 holes in my life before, and overall it was one of my better games. If I just coulda shoulda woulda done a little better in the beginning, I may have broken 90 for the first time. Oh well...that's life.

It's voting day here for primaries. Among them, I get to pick who I think should be the Republican who runs for the Senate seat currently held by Democrat, Bill Nelson. Is it that bad that I want to pick 'none of the above', because really...none of the choices are any better than (or even close to) the incumbent? The best of the bunch is Kathrine Harris, and I'm not that keen on her. Even in her shining moments (trying to straighten out the mess in the 2000 election made by the Democrats of West Palm Beach), I haven't seen much there to like. Not one, but two campaign staffs have walked on her (or been fired, take your pick), both screaming, "micro-managing control freak." Where there's smoke...I start sniffing around for gunpowder.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

That's a really sad thing about Steve Irwin. The whole nation here in Australia is mourning.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home