Monday, September 11, 2006

you can trust your car to the man who wears the star...

...but don't let him play football. (Yeah, I know they've never heard that before.)

I'll admit I was wrong. I'm happy to admit I was wrong. It was our home opener and...the Jaguars weren't even favored to win. I walked into Alltel Stadium Sunday with a feeling of impending doom. The Cowboy fans were there in full force, singing some T.O. chant and talkin' trash, and I and visions of our preseason offense bumbling in my head. It looked like a recipe for disaster.

After the first quarter, it looked like a real recipe for disaster...and humiliation. I was hanging my head and the Cowboy fans behind me had that T.O. chant thing ringing in my ears, the the truth of it was, we had no answer for that jerk. Owens was single handedly kicking our ass.

Then adjustments were made. Drew Bledsoe actually had to move and spent some time on his butt. The Jaguars scored 24 unanswered points. The Cowboys fans stopped that incessant chant, and life got good. The fact that I watched a few replays on the big screen where calls got overturned in favor of the Cowboys that had no buisness going that way, and the Cowboys O-line held everybody all day (and I could plainly see it from my seat) while the officials turned a blind eye notwithstanding (not that I would insinuate the officials were in the wrong uniforms and should have been in something more blue,) they still got beat.

It's a good Monday...but please...nobody let it get out just yet. The Steelers, Colts and Redskins are coming up, and I don't want anyone outside J'ville thinking the Jaguars can play with them just yet. I'm still not sure they can, no matter how much I want them to. I'm staring at the cup, wondering if I really ought to take a sip of the kool-aid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home