Thursday, October 12, 2006

10/11 (the 9/11 sequel?)

I'm still in some "News of the Weird" place over this whole "Cory Lidle puts a plane in the side of a building" thing. It's tragic. It's bizarre. It's terrible. It's strange how ESPN can spend all night covering it with so little that anyone knows...so they just repeat themselves over and over in some sick death loop. I'd watch something else and come back, only to see the same thing I saw half an hour ago, then watch something else and come back, only to see the same thing I saw half an hour ago, then watch something else and come back, only to see the same thing I saw half an hour ago, then watch something else and come back, only to see the same thing I saw half an hour ago. Then I went to bed.

I noticed the media had no problem releasing his name, but not the others on board, pending notification of next of kin. What? His next of kin don't count? I realize they could release his name earlier because they figured out it was his plane. They probably didn't have the other names that soon. Still, just because you can doesn't mean you should. You could have an ounce of respect for his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home