Tuesday, October 10, 2006

what was that noise? oh, the Jaguars just scored..again, but what was that other noise?

Was that the straw, breaking the camel's back?

Mike Peterson tore a pectoral muscle in the lopsided win against the Jets, and is out for the season. That's the second big loss on the defense, after Reggie Hayward went down in the first game. In fact, it's a bigger loss. Mike P. is the heart and soul of the Jaguars defense. He's the one, in the fourth quarter when the opposing offense is driving for the winning touchdown, that rallies the troops, that busts someone in the face and hits a little harder, and makes everyone else hit a little harder and turns the tide back. Someone will step in and play his position, but I don't know who's going to play his role. This is big, a lot like the Donovan Darius loss last year.

I'm not ready for gloom and doom. I think the Jaguars can still have a damn good season. It's just...Reggie Hayward, Greg Jones, and now Mike P....I don't know how many more hits to the difference makers we can take, and I don't know if this one was the real difference maker for the season. I guess we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home