Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Films About Ghosts

A Lumberyard review/endorsement:

About two months ago I was browsing BMG, my favorite online music store. The youngster wanted a new CD and I looked there first. BMG has two things you need to know. They don't have everything out there, and sometimes that pisses me off. What they do have, it's better to buy in bulk, so you don't go there to buy one CD. You go there prepared to buy three or more, or it's not such a great deal. When you buy quantity, the price per CD goes way down and the shipping is spread across more discs. That isn't the endorsement though, or the review. If I'm endorsing something, I usually don't say it sometimes pisses me off. Like I said, it's a good place to look and, if they have what you want and you want a few titles..go for it.

It was this night though, with the youngster, when we found what he wanted, that I thought...well, let's see if we can make this worthwhile. What else do they have that I might want? Among the things I found was Films About Ghosts: The Best of the Counting Crows. Best of the Counting Crows? Already? I bought one Counting Crows CD sometime in the 90's cuz I loved the Mr. Jones song, and I liked the rest of the CD. I didn't realize there was a volume of material out there suitable for a 'best of' thing. This had one other thing going for it, though. The opening track from Shrek 2, Accidentally in Love, was on it, and I liked that a lot, so I thought, why not. Gotta tell ya...I couldn't be happier with the purchase. This thing has been in the CD changer in the rolling video game since we bought it (the CDs showed up about the same time we bought the car). Others rotate in and out, but this stays. You can find reviews online, but I just wanted to give a big Lumberyard endorsement to this CD. If you like the Counting Crows at all, you'll love this. When I get to Accidentally in Love, and the exuberence of the vocals and "surrender to the strawberry ice cream never ever ender", and...there's just no way you can be in a bad mood after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home