Monday, October 02, 2006

who were those guys?

....and what's they do with my defense? That certainly didn't look like the Jaguars defense I've come to know and love. I have to give credit to the Redskins. They saw something there (overpursuit, maybe) and exploited it. Hopefully we can fix that mess before the Jets come to town.

I think part of the problem is we're starting to feel the effects of the key guys we've lost already this year. I know this isn't all of it, but we sure missed Reggie Hayward and Greg Jones (both out for the year) yesterday. Both of them could have helped us do things we didn't do....run the ball and stop the run. Matt Jones (groin injury) played, but barely and ineffectively. As a fan, I can hope all that doen't affect the team, but realistically, it has to. One game doesn't a season make, and it's the first one where I was truly frustrated by the team not playing well. Hopefully it's an off game and we get back on track. I'll say this though. Mark Brunell looked a lot better than he did his last season in J'ville three years ago. The man was on fire, and played one hell of a game.

Our guys and the stupid penalties...this didn't lose the game for us (and neither did the inexcusably poor officiating), but damn that's a frustrating thing to watch. Excessive celebrating...personal fouls after the play. Please guys...grow up and stop that shit. In the end though, if you don't play a game that can overcome the stupidities and zebras, you end up in a tie and allow the game to be decided by a coin toss. You guess wrong. You lose.

Besides all that, it was a nice weekend. The youngster was off Friday, so I took the day off too. We got in some tennis (he wore my ass out in a little over an hour) and I played golf on Saturday. Saturday, the weather was picture perfect and it was a great day on the course. My game was...OK. It wasn't a disaster, but it didn't measure up to the day on which it was played. So it goes. I'm not bragging, but I'm not complaining either, by any means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home