Friday, October 06, 2006

you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose

Yahoo, in it's fantasy games section, has a pro pick 'em game. This isn't full blown fantasy football with picks and trades and calculating points and all that. It's simple. Just pick the winners. It's also perfect for us at work, because we don't have time for all that other fantasy league stuff. Give me five minutes on a Friday, and I'm done with it all. Several of us are in a small league. At the end, the winner gets bragging rights until next year, but that's about it...no trophies...no betting...just for fun stuff. We usually give the winner a Coke, but we have a Coke fountain thing in the kitchen, so that's not costing us anything.

The Indians are in on it too, which is fun. They are learning about football and provide a bit of education themselves..watching how they figure out who should beat who, and what kind of advice they'll heed. Currently, I find myself in a tie with one of the Indians. I know, that sounds shameful, and it is. Think about this though. We're both doing better than Sean Salisbury, so what does that say about that imbecile?

Anyway, I can't let the status quo remain. Nor can I let the young Indian better me, so I've spent the greater part of the day dropping hints...about how Chad Pennington is going to shred the Jagaurs defense...and how my young Indian friend should be all over that upset pick. Gawd, I hope I'm wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home