Thursday, October 05, 2006

Go Tigers

Maybe it's my love for the underdog. Maybe it's knowing how far they've come from last year. Maybe it's that I despise George Steinbrenner and his store bought, no heart, all cash Yankees. Maybe it's the fact that the J'ville Suns used to be a Detroit farm team before they switched to the Dodgers. Maybe it's pulling for Jim Leyland, who I hated (but respected) when he managed the Pirates and they were the Braves' nemisis, but now...I'd like to see pull off something huge. Maybe it's all of that put together.

However you frame it, I'd like to see the Tigers put an end to the Yankee season, and going home with a split is a good start. I realize by putting my hat in their corner, I've jinxed Detriot, but I'm pulling for them anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home