Friday, October 13, 2006

My grudge...against scary movies

I have never been a big scary movie fan. I've seen a few, but I'm more of a comedy/action/adventure/comedy guy as anyone could see if they click on the profile thing and see my favorites. Saw, isn't in there, and neither is Saw 2.

The youngter has a moth drawn to flame relationship with scary movies. He wants to watch them, until he's watching them, and afterwards, he's hating life. About six monthe ago he got all psyched about seeing The Grudge at a neighbor's house. He came home afterwards about as white as sour cream, and didn't sleep a wink, and therefore neither did the rest of the house. Then there was the Exorcist episode, resulting in more lost sleep. So this week he comes to me and says he wants to see The Grudge 2 Saturday night. I thought it was rated 'R' and used that as a convenient excuse to say "no", but found later that it isn't....so we're back to square one. In the meantime, since I said "no" for a while, he made other plans, and will watch Poltergeist with the same folks who were going to see The Grudge 2 on Saturday night, and maybe catching The Grudge 2 in the theater on Sunday, since he (and therefore I) has Monday off from school. Somehow I know it's coming. Not one, but two nights where none of us are getting any sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home